Jump to Recipe·
If you’re still looking for the best homemade cinnamon rolls recipe, this is it! They are literally to die for as they are extra soft fluffy and gooey! Filled with a cinnamon buttery brown sugar mixture and a generous vanilla cream cheese frosting!
Homemade cinnamon rolls or cinnamon buns whatever you call them, they are a bit of a joy! And it’s not for nothing that they are so popular and appreciated all over the world! These are a generous bun that brings all the family together on the weekend but are also perfect for your own pleasure.
I share everything you need to know to make this recipe that I made as simple and easy as possible. And my tips on how to make the cinnamon rolls overnight and how to keep them in the freezer for a very long time.
Homemade cinnamon rolls are a traditional American and Canadian recipe. Very popular in the Fall and Winter season, it is a very “comfort food” dessert perfect for fighting the cold 🥶.
This is a delicious brioche filled with a sweet butter mixture flavored with cinnamon. It is often topped with a creamy frosting, the famous cream cheese icing, which is a mixture of cream cheese and sugar, the same as used to make New York cheesecake or in the recipe for carrot cake.
These small rolled buns are very trendy and look a lot like the Swedish buns that you can buy in Ikea stores, known as kanelbullar cinnamon buns.
They are very easy to make at home and just as good as the ones at Starbucks coffee. And you can even change the toppings, like in my chocolate sweet rolls recipe, with some pecan nuts or try the Chocolate cinnamon rolls version.
Composition of this dessert
- Milk : Use semi-skimmed milk slightly heated in a microwave or in a saucepan, you can touch with your finger the temperature it should not be too hot at the risk of killing the yeast.
- Yeast: An instant dry baker’s yeast that needs to be reactivated in a warm mixture here the milk. If you prefer to use fresh baker’s yeast then put it directly into the mixer bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Flour : For the preparation of the homemade brioche, use a bread flour that has a high gluten content and that is perfect for this kind of recipe.
- Sugar : For the brioche dough use a granulated sugar.
- Salt : A common table salt
- Butter: unsalted butter and very soft, take it out of the fridge at least 30 minutes beforehand.
- Sugar : brown sugar or another sugar like cane sugar
- Cinnamon: ground cinnamon you need about 2 teaspoons to smell it well but if you don’t like cinnamon too much you can remove it or reduce to 1 teaspoon.
- Cream cheese: Take it out of the fridge at least 20 minutes before
- Butter: unsalted and softened butter, if necessary warm it up in the microwave for a few moments so that it mixes well and obtains a smooth icing.
- Confectioner’s sugar: sifted beforehand, you can also use a very fine powdered sugar.
- Vanilla: pure liquid vanilla extract that brings a delicious vanilla flavor to the icing.
How to make Homemade cinnamon rolls recipe
- Mix together warm milk and dry baker’s yeast and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place the dry ingredients, flour, powdered sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook.
- Add the warm milk and dry yeast while running the mixer at medium speed.
- Add the egg and soft butter cut into pieces and knead for 8 to 10 minutes until you have a soft dough.
- Cover with a cloth and let it rise for 1h30 to 2 hours at room temperature. (it should double in volume)
Tip: Make your brioche the day before and let it grow overnight in the fridge, it will be better and easier to roll.
Shape the buns
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface or on a sheet of parchment paper into a large rectangle.
- Spread a layer of melted butter over the entire surface of the dough.
- Pour the cinnamon sugar mixture on top and spread with your hands.
- Roll the dough on itself to form a long sausage.
- Cut into 9-10 pieces with a sharp knife.
- Place each piece in a square baking dish covered with parchment paper, making sure not to stick them too close to each other.
- Let stand for another 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Tip: Use dental floss to perfectly cut your rolls.
Vanilla cream cheese glaze
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl, cream cheese, softened butter, confectioner’s sugar and liquid vanilla extract.
- Mix with an electric mixer for 2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
Tip: For a smooth, lump-free icing, use softened butter.
- Preheat the oven to 356°F / 180°C and bake the rolled buns for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown but still soft.
- Serve warm with vanilla glaze.
Tip: For sticky, gooey buns, reduce the baking time by a few minutes.
Make the dough the day before and let it rise in the fridge overnight, it will be softer and easier to handle. Or shape your buns the day before and let them rest in the fridge, the next morning you can let them rise a second time at room temperature and then bake for breakfast.
Either use a sharp knife and cut your
bun by sawing it in motions like you would with a serrated knife.
Avoid doing it in one straight cut or you’ll flatten the brods and
make the swirl disappear. Or use a dental floss and place it under
the paste and bring the two edges together until you cut the piece.
the cut will be clean.
Before cooking, after cutting your buns, place them in a box or a conservation bag and put them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Orafter cooking when they are well cooled, place them in a box or in a storage bag and put them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Others brioches recipes
Did you like this recipe? Don’t forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!
Homemade cinnamon rolls recipe
- Yield: 9 rolls
Easy homemade cinnamon roll buns with cream cheese glaze (makes about 9-11 rolls)
Brioche dough :
- 236 ml (1 cup) milk – lukewarm
- 2 ½ tsp (7 g) baker’s yeast – instant
- 450 g (3 ⅔ cups) Flour + 2 tablespoons Bread flour
- 53 g (¼ cup) Sugar – powdered
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 Egg large (approx. 60 g) at room temperature
- 70 g (⅓ cup) Butter – softened
- 40 g (¼ cup) Butter – softened
- 100 g (½ cup) Brown sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon ground
Cream cheese frosting :
- 120 g (4 oz) Cream cheese
- 55 g (½ cup) Confectioner’s sugar – sifted
- 45 g (¼ cup) Butter – softened at room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract liquid
Making the brioche dough
- Start by rehydrating the dry baker’s yeast in the warm milk and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Place the dry ingredients, flour, powdered sugar and salt in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the dough hook and mix at medium speed.
- Add the warm milk containing the baker’s yeast while leaving the mixer running at medium speed.
- Then add the egg and the butter cut in pieces and softened.
- And let the mixer run on medium speed for about 8 minutes.
- The dough should come away from the sides of the bowl but remain sticky in the bottom of the bowl. If you find it too sticky to the finger add 2 tablespoons of additional flour and let the mixer run again.
- Cover the bowl with a clean tea towel and let it rise at room temperature for 1 ½ hours, it will double in volume. (You can also let the dough grow overnight in the fridge).
- After the first rise, transfer the dough to a floured work surface and degas it with your hands by pressing lightly on it.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and the cinnamon ground.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle about 1 cm thick, making sure the top of the work surface is well floured so that it comes off easily.
- Then apply a layer of butter over the entire surface, using a spoon or your fingers.
- Then spread the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture over the entire surface.
- Roll the dough into a long log.
- Cut the roll into 9-12 pieces with a knife.
- Place the pieces in a square dish covered with parchment paper, taking care not to stick them together too much as they will still puff up.
- Cover again with a tea towel and let them rise a second time for 45 min to 1 hour.
Baking the brioche
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C and bake the rolled buns for about 20-25 minutes. They are ready when they have puffed up and have a nice golden color but are still soft.
Cream cheese glaze
- Place all ingredients, cream cheese, softened butter, confectioner’s sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat with an electric whisk until creamy and smooth.
- Cover your buns with the glaze and serve while they are still a little warm.
Conservation : At room temperature for 1 week (without icing) or in the freezer for up to 3 months
- Cuisine: american
- Calories: 443
- Sugar: 19
- Sodium: 193
- Fat: 20
- Saturated Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 64
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 8
- Cholesterol: 73
Keywords: cinnabon, cinnamon buns, cinnamon rolls
Các câu hỏi về cinnamon roll là gì
Nếu có bắt kỳ câu hỏi thắc mắt nào vê cinnamon roll là gì hãy cho chúng mình biết nhé, mõi thắt mắt hay góp ý của các bạn sẽ giúp mình cải thiện hơn trong các bài sau nhé <3 Bài viết cinnamon roll là gì ! được mình và team xem xét cũng như tổng hợp từ nhiều nguồn. Nếu thấy bài viết cinnamon roll là gì Cực hay ! Hay thì hãy ủng hộ team Like hoặc share. Nếu thấy bài viết cinnamon roll là gì rât hay ! chưa hay, hoặc cần bổ sung. Bạn góp ý giúp mình nhé!!
Các Hình Ảnh Về cinnamon roll là gì
Các hình ảnh về cinnamon roll là gì đang được chúng mình Cập nhập. Nếu các bạn mong muốn đóng góp, Hãy gửi mail về hộp thư [email protected] Nếu có bất kỳ đóng góp hay liên hệ. Hãy Mail ngay cho tụi mình nhé
Tham khảo thêm thông tin về cinnamon roll là gì tại WikiPediaBạn nên xem thêm nội dung về cinnamon roll là gì từ trang Wikipedia tiếng Việt.◄ Tham Gia Cộng Đồng Tại
💝 Nguồn Tin tại: https://hangnhatcaocap.com.vn/
💝 Xem Thêm Chủ Đề Liên Quan tại : https://hangnhatcaocap.com.vn/wiki-hoi-dap/